Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Urgent Help Needed With Image Data! ASAP!

• Please log in to reply

JRodHacker

JRodHacker

• Pip
  • 1 posts
If you can tell me what to do, I beg you to tell me as soon as you finish reading my post! (or at least as fast as humanly possible)!!!!!

To make a long story short, I met this girl who sent me some pics of herself. the first isn't so bad, the the other 2 are more revealing. The problem is I checked my email on a computer I was borrowing from a relative, and now I have a problem.

The files couldn't be opened right on the spot, and it asked me if I wanted to pick a program to open them with or just save them. I chose to just save them knowing they would appear on the desktop. I ended up with 2 icons for each. (They both had the same file name, and were both jpg's.) Each of the first copies had a regular icon, and the second copies all had an icon that looks like a white piece of paper with a bent corner and a window on it.

I saved the first copies on a flash drive (so I can move them onto my comp later), but now I can't get rid of the second copies with the weird icons. I've tried deleting the files, draging them to the recycle bin or a folder icon/window. I've even tried renaming them temperarily until I can get rid of them. The computer keeps giving me a pop up that says "Couldn't (delete, move or rename): cannot read from the source file or disc."

I can't figure this out, but I have to get rid of the data immediately, or else I'll be in big trouble! Please respond with a solution asap! I don't care what I have to do as long as it doesn't require explaining the pictures or spending money.

Advertisements

Rorschach112

Rorschach112

Ralphie

• Retired Staff
  • 47,710 posts
have you tried deleting them in safe mode ?

please reboot your computer in Safe Mode by doing the following :
  • Restart your computer
  • After hearing your computer beep once during startup, but before the Windows icon appears, tap the F8 key continually;
  • Instead of Windows loading as normal, a menu with options should appear;
  • Select the first option, to run Windows in Safe Mode, then press "Enter".
  • Choose your usual account.
Once in Safe Mode, try delete the files normally

Dwight

Dwight

• PipPipPip
  • 480 posts
Hi, Take a look at this.

http://www.geekstogo...TE-t102531.html

Dwight