Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Seagate Sata Drive

• Please log in to reply

ashfish

ashfish

• Pip
  • 2 posts
shut my computer down on Christmas Eve.On re-booting system stoppped at boot up screen.Checked bios disk not seen.Disk is spinning up with no bad noises and have had no previous problems.Have since fitted new motherboard.Can boot of off old IDE disk but as soon as Sata disk is connected will only boot to first page of bios.If I press DEL orF8 at this stage it will go no further and freezes.(disk still spinning)Having done more reserch I think this may be a firmware issue.Seagate barracuder disks have a problem with this and seagate offer an update for my model.However how can i update my firmware when I cannot boot up the disk?

Advertisements

Neil Jones

Neil Jones

Member 5k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,476 posts
Sounds more like a mechanical issue than a firmware one.
Have you tried this drive on another computer?

ashfish

ashfish

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
Yes same problem.Check out this website http://www.tomshardw...icked,6889.html