Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

UK Digital TV Switchover Questions

• Please log in to reply

Warthog01

Warthog01

• PipPip
  • 17 posts
Hi

I'm facing analog switch-off in the next couple months and have a number of questions I'd like to consider before I make some bad decisions.

I have an old, but extremely capable Sony TV, but it has no SCART fitting. I know there are digi boxes out there (TVonics, etc) that I can use to set up Freeview or similar, but I'd also like to be able to record programmes after switchover. My current DVD recorder is a Liteon LVW 5006--can I connect this to the telly as I do now via the TVonics or similar?

If not, can anyone recommend a reasonably priced method of getting around my SCARTless TV so I can both view and record in future?

Thanks

Advertisements