Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Security Task Manager

• Please log in to reply

nokiN

nokiN

• PipPip
  • 13 posts
Is is software legit and safe to use? How reliable is it?
http://www.neuber.com/taskmanager/

Advertisements

Neil Jones

Neil Jones

Member 5k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,476 posts
Considering it reports Windows Live Messenger as having "spyware tendencies", I'd argue it's going to cause more damage than it's going to fix.
It's not keen on Java, Openoffice or anything that doesn't have a visible program window when it runs.
I'd best avoid.

CorruptNova

CorruptNova

• Pip
  • 3 posts
It seems legit, but definitely not worth buying. It also gives the wrong impression about legit programs by marking them as "potentially dangerous"

Edited by CorruptNova, 02 January 2010 - 12:14 PM.

nokiN

nokiN

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts
thanks guys

BillMu

BillMu

• Pip
  • 1 posts
This tool shows you what running on your pc. Security Task Manager is one of my favorite tools! Please note: If a rating is high, this doesn't means it is dangerous. It means that a process or driver use malware tricks to hide hideself. I found (and eliminate) a lot of background processes running on my pc which slow down my whole pc (for example the Java Update checker and the useless Windows Live Messenger ;-).