Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Wireless Connected but browser cannot load page.

• Please log in to reply

RussAz

RussAz

• PipPip
  • 35 posts
I have an HP laptop with Windows XP. For some reason certain networks will allow me to connect but browsing will not work even my programs like google chat cannot load. When I look at the connection it shows packets are being sent but very few are being received. I can connect on some networks but other simply will have this problem. t one of the problem networks I have even tried plugging in yet still it will not allow me to use the connection. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Advertisements

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP
where are these networks at?

RussAz

RussAz

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 35 posts
My own wireless network at my home in Arizona works perfectly fine however the network at my girlfriends house will not allow me to browse. I am currently visiting my parents and the network at their home work fine as well. However the network at a home office i use down the street does not work. Do you need more info?

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP
just making sure that you weren't trying to connect to networks that you weren't allowed to connect to.

are any of these networks protected? (i.e. wpa, wep, etc..)

RussAz

RussAz

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 35 posts
All these networks have WEP protection. I enter the correct information and it lets me connect. After it says that I am connected I wont load pages in firefox. This even happens when I plug in directly and don't use the wireless. It'll show packets being sent but none being received.

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP
does internet explorer work?

RussAz

RussAz

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 35 posts
No internet explorer will not load a page either.