Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Slow internet

• Please log in to reply

mrstharp

mrstharp

• PipPip
  • 65 posts
I have verizon DSL, using IE 8, and the last few days my internet has not been working well at all. Webpages load up very slow, if they load up at all. I'm not sure what the problem is. If anybody could give me some advice on some programs to run to find out what the problem is, would be greatly appreciated.

Advertisements

Broni

Broni

Kraków my love :)

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,300 posts
Did you try different browser?
What is your ISP advertised speed?
What kind of speed are you getting here: http://www.speedtest.net/

mrstharp

mrstharp

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 65 posts
According to that speed test my average is WAY WAY WAY WAY WAY low compared to the average speed. I barely had any bar in the graph and the average was nearly to the other side of the graph window. Says my download is .20 mb/s upoad is .13 mb/s and ping is 88 ms. Odd thing is that it usually doesn't take a long time to download stuff. Its just webpages loading up that is so slow. I'm not really sure what the advertised speed is. I know its usually really fast and right now it's just not doing anything at all.

I've tried firefox. It wasn't really any faster.

Broni

Broni

Kraków my love :)

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,300 posts
I'd call your ISP then.