Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

msconfig startup screen entry

• Please log in to reply

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
So the rem line caused this is what you are saying?
If that is the case then going back into the msconfig and rchecking that line should fix the problem.
If you boot into administrator profile in normal mode can you egt into msconfig?
If not reboot and go into Safe Mode
This defaults to the administrator profile and should allow you then to get to the msconfig startup tab.

Advertisements

Shielageek

Shielageek

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts
The entry is now gone after doing using the autoruns program and deleting the Microsoft Office from the "Programs" "Startup". I can no longer make any changes to the MSCONFIG STARTUP. It won't recognize me as Administrator anymore. Really don't know why. I am the administrator and User profiles show that I have administrator rights but it's not giving me these rights when I try to make changes. I will try it in SAFE MODE, although I would still like to fix this and be able to work in admin mode as I should be able. I will try it and get back to you.

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
In normal mode you have Administrator Rights
In Safe Mode you are the Administrator

Shielageek

Shielageek

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts
Okay, but nothing changed in safe mode. I've wiped everything clean and started over. Running well now. Thanks for your noble efforts.

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
Thank you for letting us know and I am sorry the outcome could not have been better.
You are very welcome. I'm glad we could help and please let us know how everything works out for you.
If there is anything else we can do to help please feel free to ask. I appreciate that you allowed me to assist you with your issue and for your patience.
Thank you for choosing GeeksToGo for help. :) :)