Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

BSOD when using wireless mouse and keyboard

• Please log in to reply

Will J

Will J

• Pip
  • 2 posts
Hello!

I've joined the forum because I'm becoming rather desperate- usually I can sort these kinds of things myself. I have a Toshiba Satellite Pro Laptop, and recently I decided to attempt to run it as a tower i.e. with the lid closed, attached to a 22" monitor, 2.1 speakers and a wireless mouse and keyboard. With the monitor and the speakers attached, it works perfectly.

However, when I attach a USB wireless desktop, (and I have tried several models), it works fine until the computer is restarted. Then, as soon as I log on, I get a BSOD with the following error codes:

BCC: fc
BCP1: A6B60BFC
BCP2: A1E9D963
BCP3: A6B60B38
BCP4: 00000002

And of course, the message, "An attempt was made to execute non-executable memory". I did recently install new RAM, but it definitely only occurs with the keyboard in, and I have swapped the RAM modules to be sure.

Any help would be really appreciated.

Will

Advertisements

Fllash

Fllash

• PipPip
  • 24 posts
1.)After the initial BSOD, does it automatically restart again?
2.)And when you say you log on, do you mean that it works before you log on, (at the user selection screen)?

3.)You mentioned you have tried other models - have they been all-in-one type things (ie mouse and keyboard both)?
4.)Have you tried conventional non-wireless USB mouses and keyboards?

If the non-wireless USB mouses and keyboards dont function , then the issue may possibly be a conflict between the wireless mouse and keyboard and the integrated ones.

If they do function correctly, then there may be a problem with the drivers for the wireless keyboard and mouse (possibly try updating them if you havent already, even if they function correctly without needing to).

If that doesnt help, (and depending on the answer to question 2.) then the problem would seem to lie somewhere near what windows does to either the keyboard and mouse, the usb controller, or something in between, at logon.

Sorry if it was a bit vague.
Thanks,
Josh.

PS. Just for reference, could you list the model(s) you have tried and had the BSOD experience with?

Will J

Will J

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
Cheers Josh- but i've sorted the problem now. Went back through all of the event logs and identified the culprit- a display driver for a remote desktop programme called LogMeIn was somehow clashing with my wireless mouse and keyboard. Stripped that all off and it's fine! Thanks for the advice.

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
Thanks for letting us know as this will help someone in the future with the same problem. We appreciate you coming to GeeksToGo for assistance.