Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Linux Ubuntu 9.10 Network Bridging

• Please log in to reply

Ritchie999

Ritchie999

• PipPip
  • 32 posts
I have just last night got ubuntu because i was locked out of my windows vista so i updated OS's
but, i can't bridge the networks from my wlan0 to eth0 (eth0 being an xbox 360). i have tried Firestarter and that just says "eth0 is not ready" and i used the terminal for "brctl, sudo, ifconfig" and i still can't get it working... could anyone please give me a guide or anything how to do it?

Advertisements

monkman71

monkman71

• Pip
  • 7 posts
If you're using network manager, edit the eth0 connection. Go to the IPV4 settings and there should be a drop-down box. One of the options should be "shared to other computers".

Then, find the IP of eth0 and set the IP on the 360 to one node higher. i.e. if the IP of eth0 is 192.168.0.1, set it to 192.168.0.2 or whatever you may need.

I'm not sure about how to set an IP on a 360 but I'm pretty sure it can be done.

Hope this helps.

Ritchie999

Ritchie999

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 32 posts
Well, as of now i switched back to Windows 7, it's more easier, i'll be getting linus installed on seperate laptop/pc..

Could an admin please lock this topic, it is no longer needed

Thanks for your help monkman71