Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Lifecam vx 5000

• Please log in to reply

mlip5

mlip5

• Pip
  • 1 posts
I received a LifeCam vx-5000 and installed it after the holidays and it worked fine. Downloaded Skype and that seemed to be OK. I then updated my AVG antivir software and I believe there were 2 windows updates that automatically installed. I had a problem w/ running the cam since then. I had read that running other programs in the background causes a prob so I removed AVG (I was considering a diff anti vir program anyways). Didn't help. I then downloaded Avast (tried Panda but download never worked) ran virus scan and found 2. I virus vaulted them and after I did, I lost my internet connection (couldn't renew IP address) So I restored to a point where I knew I would get internet back but still cannot get cam to work. I get the message Lifecam.exe has become nonresponsive and needs to shut down. Possibly all of this is a coincidence but part of me is telling me its not. I have done so many restores while trying to fix this bc now I know there is a virus on here. Any suggestions just short of reinstalling my os?
I am not real computer savvy. Lots of the lingo doesn't make sense to me so bear with me if you think you can help me out.

I am hesitant and downloading and running an antivirus b/c I am amfraid of losing a restore point.

This pc is connected using a dell wireless adapter. I run a 2wire modem/router in the house for my other pcs which seem to be working OK. I use Windows Zero COnfig. I tried to disable and let the Dell adapter run the connection but I got some debug errors that totally confused me so I turned WZC back on.

I tried ipconfig and disabled startup items ( after hiding windows components) that didn't help me with the cam.

Thanks
T

Advertisements