Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Sims 3 problem

• Please log in to reply

mozzer11

mozzer11

• PipPipPip
  • 423 posts
When I try to play Sims 3 I get an error from ati vpu recover that says it's reset my graphics processor becuae it's stopped responding to commands from the display driver. Then my gfx card fan slows down. Is there a patch or anything to fix this?

Advertisements

starjax

starjax

Global Moderator

• Global Moderator
  • 6,678 posts
Do you know what model your ati graphics card is? Have you tried updating drivers?

mozzer11

mozzer11

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 423 posts
Hi. Yea, it's a hd3870 and i've got the latest drivers.

starjax

starjax

Global Moderator

• Global Moderator
  • 6,678 posts
Do you play any other games? Do you have this issue occur when doing anything else? Need this info to narrow down the issue that may be hardware related or game related. Sims3 is known to have a variety of technical issues that were never realy resolved making it hard for us to fix related problems.

rev_olie

rev_olie

• PipPipPip
  • 532 posts
Just to offer a possible solution,

You can disable VPU recover, it doesn't really do a great deal.
  • Right click on your desktop
  • Click properties
  • Click Settings tab
  • Click Advanced
  • Click the VPU Recover tab
  • Under that tab will say "enable VPU Recover", UNTICK that box and it will be disabled.

I don't have an ATI card on this machine so if those instructions are slightly wrong I will try and find some better ones :)

Edited by rev_olie, 07 January 2010 - 06:57 PM.