Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Severe network, router and internet connection problems

• Please log in to reply

diehackersdie

diehackersdie

• PipPip
  • 38 posts
The comp has 5 networks that i know of... there should only be 1... the router goes down and blocks the connection from the modem on a daily basis if not up to 5 times a day or more... i am lost on where to begin as i don't want to worsen the problems that exist already... So :) Please

Advertisements

diehackersdie

diehackersdie

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 38 posts
almost forgot...

OS Vista

I cannot locate where to find and delete all the networks any idea's?
I would like to delete all old connections as well...
I am also googling for answers... if i figure this out i will post what i did...

Edited by diehackersdie, 04 January 2010 - 01:07 AM.

diehackersdie

diehackersdie

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 38 posts
I found where to delete all 5 networks previously created. I had to open view network connections and clik the blue word that says customize. then clik manage or delete networks. then i saw a list of all the connections and deleted them all. i setup a new connection and my netgear router went down and acted as if the firmware was compramized... I left the router hooked up and on for about 8 hours and it started working again? I do believe I have some sort of problem with the router and firewalls or popup blockers? I was also wondering if malware and addware removal programs could affect this as well? Any help on this matter would most appreciated! :)