Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Sugar in keyboard.

• Please log in to reply

stillwaters

stillwaters

• PipPip
  • 70 posts
Hi all!

I have a HP Compaq 6510b laptop and my 4 yr old spilled sugar all over the keyboard :) . What do you suggest the best way to get it out is? I feel crunching sugar as I type!

Advertisements

Guest_bartblaze_*

Guest_bartblaze_*
Hi,

I think a can of compressed air should do the job, you can ask for more information in your local computer store :) .

vally

vally

• PipPipPip
  • 590 posts
Make sure that the keyboard is totally dry before you use the compressed air other wise the sugar that is damp will stay stuck.

stillwaters

stillwaters

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 70 posts
Thanks! I'll try it :)

Jack123

Jack123

Trusted Tech

• Retired Staff
  • 944 posts
01-stillwaters- sugar in Keyboard (1-4- 2010)

Stillwaters –

Also do not invert can – Keep it upright as possible - - Turn the Keyboard ---Not the can

Compressed air –under pressure - - when can is inverted tends to emit the moisture - - (water) - - -which will end up being worse than crunchy –

Jack123