Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Windows XP Logs in and immediately loggs off!

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

napoleonshaw

napoleonshaw

• Pip
  • 3 posts
I have a Thinkpad laptop with Windows XP on it. When I turn on the computer everything works all the way up to the log in screen. I type in my password and log in and it will go to my desktop picture and immediately log out. It had been having some virus problems before that, so I'm fairly certain this is virus related.

I tried booting in safe mode, but it didn't work.

I tried this method http://www.geekstogo...Off-t15771.html,

This method involves booting with the windows xp cd and entering recovery console, but when I try to enter recovery console it says that it cannot find any hard disk drives on my computer, so I'm fresh out of ideas and I have to go back to school soon!

Any help would be much appreciated.

Advertisements

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
Please do not double post your issue. This topic closed.