Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Where'd the Network go?!

• Please log in to reply

Vimpoco2010

Vimpoco2010

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 122 posts
Ah I see that's useful information

Unfortunately they didn't give us any CD to boot off of. Can I download that somewhere or?

Advertisements

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
Also verified with the hard drive partition only being one so the image is stored somewhere on the existing drive. 123Runner I will leave the instructions up to you for that if you don't mind assisting with this please.

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
Let me ask, you are doing a great job with the pictures and attaching them. Is it possible you can take some pictures of the parts you are describing? A digital camera and then save them in a folder on your system named Picture Inserts as jpeg or jpg files.
Then when you want to reply you can attach them to your reply.

123Runner

123Runner

Member 4k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,527 posts

Although the Acronis Secure Zone has its own partition type, it is actually just a rebadged FAT32 partition labeled ACRONIS SZ,

Evidently you do not have a acronis image partition because you only have 1 partition. You do not have 1 labeled ACRONIS SZ.

I guess the next thing is to try and determine if you have an image somewhere on the main drive.

True Image offers a bootable media wizard, which creates a recovery environment to CD or other media, and is used to boot the machine to a proprietary environment for quick recovery. While this method also provides the ability to recover lost data, the primary focus is restoring the complete system back to a given point in time in case of complete failure.

# The Acronis Secure Zone is a bootable, hidden partition option created and managed by True Image

I wonder if this means we can not see the partition with disk management because it is hidden?

The True image extension is .tib

What I have determined...
The Acronis secure zone is not created.
If the partition is actually there it is not bootable because the F11 key did not work.
A image could be created elseware on the drive. A search for .tib might work to locate it.
Downloading and installing the Acronis program would allow you to create the boot media that could then access the partition (we do not know if it exists), or a image (if it exists).

The Acronis Secure Zone is a special hidden partition for storing backups on the computer system itself. For archive security purposes, ordinary applications cannot access it.

Acronis Manual

At this point I am pretty much out of ideas.

Vimpoco2010

Vimpoco2010

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 122 posts
So.. is acronis out of the question for a solution?

Edited by Vimpoco2010, 09 January 2010 - 03:35 PM.

123Runner

123Runner

Member 4k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,527 posts
It kind of looks like it.

Can you use the laptop enough to do a search for the .tib extension?

Vimpoco2010

Vimpoco2010

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 122 posts
If by search you mean Start>Search> all files for .tib, then nope there are no results :/

((running an errand for my other topic to get cables, I'll be back to reply shortly, thanks for your input and research thus far))

Edited by Vimpoco2010, 09 January 2010 - 03:48 PM.

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
Are you still having problems with your issue?
It has been 13 days since your last response and I was wondering if the issue has been resolved?
If so can you explain how it was resolved so others may be able to fix it if they have the same issue.
If not please let us know and we can continue with helping you to resolve the issue.