Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Tried repairing C drive, but can't finish the installation

• Please log in to reply

goldilocks1990

goldilocks1990

• PipPip
  • 66 posts
I was referred to this forum after I was being helped in the "virus, trojans, etc..." forum. I was asked to repair my C drive after running combofix and kept getting a blue screen. Everything was going great with the repair until the reboot to finish the "install or repair" and it asked for me to insert the XP Home Edition Service Pack 1 disk. That disk is already in the computer. It does not give me the option to "browse" for the D drive, nor does it show up in the drop down menu where you can type in the path. It is asking for the "asms" file on Windows XP Home Edition Service Pack 1.
It defaults to the path: globalroot/device/cdromo/i386.
Any suggestions? :)
I have one file that I really need to get from my C drive, or else I would just F-disk the computer.

Advertisements