Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

MS Office 2003 Application Hang

• Please log in to reply

Bergkamp2006

Bergkamp2006

• Pip
  • 2 posts
I would be grateful if anyone can shed any light on an issue I am having.
In August this year my PC started to behave strangley, not sure by conincence or not but at the same time as a Windows XP security update was loaded.

The symptom is that when I open any MS Office 2003 application it will hang for 3-5 minutes and then everything works OK. I have to try and close the program a couple of times first and eventually it closes.

Looking at the application log it reports an Event 102 and category 101 - the error report also states "hungapp".

Once it has timeout and closed I can open up the application and therefater everything is OK again.

As you can guess it is frustrating to have to wait for the program to time out every time I want to use it so any help / guidance would be appreciated.

Graham

Advertisements

Robin Hood

Robin Hood

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 268 posts
Howdy Bergkamp2006. :)

Does it give a Microsoft error message when it closes down?

I would recommend having a look at this article and installing the hotfix it suggests to see if it solves your problem:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/834716

Let us know how it goes. If it doesn't work we will go from there. :)