Dell laptop wont start up/virtual memory problems
Posted 04 January 2010 - 11:34 AM
Posted 04 January 2010 - 11:50 AM
but i have a Dell Laptop and it loads up the normal booting way but then comes to a blue screen and comes up with a message about not enough virtual memory, it says some other things but the message quickly disappears
Does it continue to boot into windows then or does it reboot?
If it goes into windows then do the following.
No installation required.
Double click on BlueScreenView.exe file to run the program.
When scanning is done, go Edit>Select All.
Go File>Save Selected Items, and save the report as BSOD.txt.
Open BSOD.txt in Notepad, copy all content, and paste it into your next reply.
Thanks to Broni for the instructions and program
If it doesn't then do this:
- Start your system and at the Second post screen tap on F8 to get to the Boot Menu
- Use the Arrow Keys to Scroll down to the line that says "Auto Start On Error" and highlight it.
- Click Enter to disable it
- The system should reboot and if not then do so.
- When the BSOD shows it will stop so that you can reply with the STOP ERROR and any parameters.
Posted 04 January 2010 - 12:08 PM
Posted 04 January 2010 - 12:10 PM
Posted 04 January 2010 - 12:14 PM
well i pressed f8 and its come up with:
Safe mode with networking
Safe mode with command prompt
Enable Boot Logging
Enable VGA Mode
Last known good configuration
Directory services restore mode
Disabel automatic restart on system failure
Start windows normally
Return to Os choices menu.
which one shall i go on? thanks for the help by the way
Posted 04 January 2010 - 12:41 PM
Does system bootup correctly then?
0 user(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users