Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Hp language on Windows 7

• Please log in to reply

brianroxie

brianroxie

• Pip
  • 4 posts
I just purchased a new laptop HP Pavilion DV6 2064 today and was told that the windows 7 software was installed in French however that once I start the pc I could simply switch it over to English by pressing F11 at start up however I seem unable to find the correct solution.

I really need to change this asap and would appreciate any help possible. I was told that with HP it is a simple click to change languages.

Thanks,
Brian

Advertisements

amw_drizz

amw_drizz

• PipPipPip
  • 329 posts
Are you using either Enterprise or Ultimate Edition? As those are the only two editions that "officially" support language changes. Short of a reinstall I couldn't tell you how.

And if you go the reinstall route make sure that you get new media that is english otherwise you will get french again. HP may be able to help you by sending you the english variant.

Edit if your using one of the above listed, you can go here on how to change your language/region to english

http://www.mydigital...d-new-accounts/

Edited by amw_drizz, 05 January 2010 - 05:59 AM.