Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Blue Scren bug code

• Please log in to reply

william61wire

william61wire

• Pip
  • 2 posts
I have a bug code 0x000000ED (0x82FD8900,0xC000009C,0x0000000,0x00000000 what dose this meain or how can I find out. thanks William :)

Advertisements

RKinner

RKinner

Malware Expert

• Expert
  • 23,709 posts
  • MVP
UNMOUNTABLE_BOOT_VOLUME. Means your Hard drive isn't working right. You need to find out who makes your hard drive (Usually if you run setup it will at least tell you the part number then you can look it up on the net.) Go to the website of the disk maker. Download the diagnostic tool. Burn it to a CD. Boot from it and let it run the extended diagnostics (nondestructive) and if you are lucky it will tell you (after about 16 hours) that the drive has errors and ask you if you want to repair them. You say Yes and you may get a drive that boots again. If you do I would rescue the data and buy a new Hard drive.

Another possibility is to use the Recovery Console from the XP CD.

To repair the file system, perform the following steps:

1. Boot your system with the Windows XP installation disk.
2. on the Welcome to Setup screen, press R.
3. Select the operating system installation you want to repair and then provide the administrator username and password.
4. At command prompt type the chkdsk /r command and then press Enter. If this command fails to fix the file system, run the fixboot command.
5. Type exit and press Enter to restart your PC.

However MS says this is supposed to work when the second parameter is 0xC0000032 which yours isn't.

Ron

william61wire

william61wire

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
Ron,thank you I will try it
William