Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

XP home

• Please log in to reply

rcguyme

rcguyme

• PipPip
  • 20 posts
First let me say what a great site next lets hope i can get my system back running!
first to get things going i tryed to repair windows xp useing the cd that i have been useing for a few years the computer let me run the repair but i have so many errors now i cant keep it running most are DLLs errors
when it got to the part to place your mother board cd in the drive i couldnt find the darn thing and still have not found it
iam lost to were i can find one if that will happend my mother board is a micro-star ms 7060 SIS661FX, PGA478, M-ATX, Celeron/ D/ Prescott, 8X AGP, 3PCI, LAN, Audio, SATA, RAID, 4 USB, VER: 1
iam not even sure if that will fix all the problems help please

Advertisements

The Skeptic

The Skeptic

Trusted Tech

• Technician
  • 4,075 posts
Start with RAM test. Download memtest from my links below, follow the instructions, burn a bootable CD from the ISO file, boot with the CD in the drive and let the test run for at least one full pass. There shouldn't be any errors (red lines).

rcguyme

rcguyme

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts
hello i tryed what you ask i could not get the pc to boot useing the disk i burned from you link thanks for the help i order a new mobo iam going to rebuild my computer i have reason to belive this unit had seen its last days i wish i could save all my pictures before the rebuild but hope is not working thanks again