Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Virus Warning for this site

• Please log in to reply

gilmister

gilmister

• PipPip
  • 32 posts
ATTENTION ADMINISTRATOR!
I just received a security warning from Norton for a virus warning for your site.
Threats: w32.Irc Bot
Please feel free to respond with a e-mail.
Best Regards,
Gilmister

Advertisements

Octagonal

Octagonal

Member 2k

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,528 posts
There is no need for concern on your part here as this is what we call a false positive. The link and file in question is one of the tools that we use for malware detection and removal. Sometimes anti-virus programs will report that certain files and links from Geeks to Go (and some other malware removal sites) are infected because of some coding in the various tools.

I will contact the necessary personnel in relation to this so that this can be corrected.

Thanks for letting us know. :)

gilmister

gilmister

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 32 posts
Hi Octagonal,
I thought being this site it was most probably a false positive. Had to do the ethically correct thing and report. Enjoy your time away.
Best Regards,
Gilmister