Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

How can I tell if someone blocked me on aim?

• Please log in to reply

laura90210

laura90210

• Pip
  • 2 posts
In the past when someone has blocked me, they would appear offline. When I would send them a message as they appeared offline, I got a message saying "This user does not accept offline ims" and when I logged into aim straight from my aol mailbox I would get a message saying "this user has blocked you" when I tried sending an offline im.Now, there is someone on my list who is appearing online on my friends messengers, but on mine is offline. I am assuming that I am blocked. BUT when I send them offline messages... those two above sentences I wrote do not appear. Does this mean I am blocked? If so, why am I not receiving those messages?

Advertisements

Neil Jones

Neil Jones

Member 5k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,476 posts
One of the most frequently asked questions is, "Is there a way to remove myself from someone's block list?" This is not technically possible. A user's block list data is stored on the AOL server and can only be changed by that user or an AOL staff member. You cannot change someone else's block list unless you hack into the AOL server or gain access to their account, both of which are downright illegal and will likely land you in jail. Any program that claims to be able to get you unblocked is most likely a trojan that will steal your password and should definitely be avoided. Even if such a program did exist, using it would breach AOL's terms of service and you'd probably get in big trouble.

Best thing to do: email the person in question and ask nicely why you're blocked and if they'll ublock you.

laura90210

laura90210

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
Thanks for your response. But I'm not interested in hacking into anyones account. I am just wondering why this person appears offline but I am still able to send them offline messages, they go through. I thought that if someone blocked you they don't ?