Unable to update Windows service pack 3 and other problems
Posted 06 January 2010 - 02:34 PM
Posted 07 January 2010 - 12:40 PM
It seems like you would first benefit from visiting the Malware Forums. Even though it seems like its an Operating System or Software problem, it has a good chance of being a malware issue or related to malware in some way.
Furthermore, malware might be in the shadows lurking and if any changes are made to your computer, it might strike at any moment if it sees a vulnerability. So please begin HERE. Don't forget to add a link to the malware thread so the malware staff can follow up on steps you have already taken.
When you complete the malware part and your computer is officially clean, come back to this thread if you are still experiencing the issues. At this time I would recommend running a chkdsk /r.
To do this:
- Boot your computer from your Windows Installation CD
- Select 'R' for Recovery Console
- You will be asked which partition you want to enter. Most likely will be C: and choice 1
- You will be asked for an administrator password. Leave blank if you dont have one
- type in chkdsk /r and let it run to completion. This will usually take an hour or more. Do not interrupt this process or serious damage can be done to your machine.
- After it's done restart the machine normally.
Another way is to do this from run command:
to do this:
- Click on Start
- type in chkdsk /f
- hit enter
This will most likely run on next boot up so reboot if it does not do it automatically.
After this, come back here and update us on where you stand.
0 user(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users