Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Second hard drive

• Please log in to reply

dpica

dpica

• PipPip
  • 33 posts
Hi, I have a new computer running windows 7 and i want to add my IDE hard drive from my old computer in order to retreive some files. My new computer's hard drive is sata, so i am not sure what configuration to set my old hard drive ( slave or master or cable select ) and what i have to set in Bios.
Thank's

Advertisements

cbarnard

cbarnard

• PipPipPip
  • 755 posts
Welcome to Geeks To Go :)

Sorry about your wait sometimes it takes time for people to get to you, or you were simply overlooked... Either way I aplogize. I hope this helps you out

If all your trying to do is move data to the IDE drive you can set it to cable select and move the data...

As for the Bios just make sure your SATA drive is the boot drive and also make sure that your IDE drive registered in the bios...

You should be good from there...

Good luck