Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Installed Win 7 on one HD but can't remove Win XP from separate HD

• Please log in to reply

alchev

alchev

• Pip
  • 2 posts
Hi guys,

I recently installed Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bits on my system. I previously had Windows XP Home Edition.

When I installed Win 7 I meant to install over XP and thus remove it but I think I picked the wrong drive and installed Win 7 on my secondary.

Now when I boot up it wants to know if I want Win 7 (default) or previous version.

I tried to format the XP drive (which used to be my C: drive and now is my D: drive) but it won't let me.

I saw a similar post where someone had a second Win XP installed and it looked simple enough to remove that one. Will it be that simple with Win 7 installed and removing Win XP?

Thanks in advance, you guys rock.

Edited by alchev, 08 January 2010 - 06:49 PM.

Advertisements