Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Just installed what I think is the newest version of AdAware

• Please log in to reply

irish_eyes

irish_eyes

• PipPipPip
  • 141 posts
I just installed what I believe to be the newest version of Ad Aware and would like to know what, in your opinion, would be the optimal settings to use.

The first time I downloaded it I posted here and someone gave be item by item settings to use that seemed to work very well. After being frustrated time and again by the inability to update the definitions, I uninstalled the old and installed the new version. It is version 8.1.3

I know that there are a dozen or more other malware programs out there that people may like better, but I like Ad Aware. Any advice on settings?

Advertisements

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
Tutorial you referenced is HERE
Let us know how it works.

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
Double post

Edited by rshaffer61, 10 January 2010 - 09:20 PM.

irish_eyes

irish_eyes

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 141 posts
This is the tutorial for the version I uninstalled to get the newer oen. The one I have now is 8.1.3. None of the windows I have look anything like the ones in the link.

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
Try this HERE straight from the makers of Ad Aware. Click on the first manual which references Win 7 in it also.
Hopefully this is the right tutorial for you.

Edited by rshaffer61, 13 January 2010 - 01:34 AM.

irish_eyes

irish_eyes

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 141 posts
Thank you, this is the correct product. However, I was wondering if there were any specific tweeks that you guys recommend that are not in the regular manual that will allow the product to work more efficiently or more along the order of above normal protection. That is what was posted when I inquired about the earlier version quite some time ago.

Thanks for your efforts though! You guys rock!!

:)

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
Default settings from what i read seem to be rock solid. I would definitely say do not play with anything that has to do with the registry. This could cause your system to become unstable and eventually unusable. Other thne that use the defaults.