Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

mother board manuals

• Please log in to reply

rcguyme

rcguyme

• PipPip
  • 20 posts
i have a used but in fine shape motherboard being sent to me and was looking for a manual i want to read about this board with no luck in finding this boards manual can any one help finding a manual for this board i have check the asus site that was worthless time wasted
ASUS P5GD1 Motherboard, INTEL Pentium 4 630

Edited by rcguyme, 07 January 2010 - 09:51 AM.

Advertisements

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
Here
Let us know if it works for you.

rcguyme

rcguyme

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts
up entering that site my antivires softwere reported a trojon bug i will not go there

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
Hmm strange I use it all the time with no problems. Asus site
Under the heading of Please Select the Product
Top window is motherboard
Next window is Socket 775
Last window is P5GD1
Search and then next window choose XP as OS
In new window that opens select the Second from the bottom of the list for the user manual to download.

Edited by rshaffer61, 07 January 2010 - 12:05 PM.

Digerati

Digerati

Grumpy Ol' MSgt (Ret.)

• Retired Staff
  • 3,999 posts
  • MVP

up entering that site my antivires softwere reported a trojon bug i will not go there

No member of this staff would knowingly post a link to an infected site, or tolerate any poster for doing it either. rshaffer61 is a respected member of the Tech Staff and you can rest assured, he only has your best interest in mind. However, you are wise to be cautious and thank you for reporting what you found. This allows us to double check, and to make sure ASUS has not been hijacked.

I too have used that ASUS site often, and just checked it again - I agree with rshaffer and you are safe to use it. It does not contain any malware, therefore your security program is either reporting a false positive (it happens) or is faulty, or your computer is infected. What program is reporting the trojan?

Through that link, I was able to find your manual, but note this is for the P5GD1. There are also P5GD1 Pro and P5GD1-VM versions. So make sure you have the complete model number.

http://support.asus........pe=12&os=17

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
Digerati try the link in post 2 and see if your AV tags it. I have sent several people there in the last couple of weeks with no problems. I agree with your assessment and i am curious as well what AV is reporting this.

Digerati

Digerati

Grumpy Ol' MSgt (Ret.)

• Retired Staff
  • 3,999 posts
  • MVP

Digerati try the link in post 2 and see if your AV tags it.

Hmmm, well, I thought I did that when I first saw this thread, but I think now it was the link in your 2nd post. Now, I too get a "Severe" threat warning for a JavaScript/Redirector Trojan when a pop-up tries (both IE8 and MSE blocked it) to open.

Digerati

Digerati

Grumpy Ol' MSgt (Ret.)

• Retired Staff
  • 3,999 posts
  • MVP
Hmmm, after checking yet again, I no longer get the alert so I don't know what is happening there.

@rcguyme, I apologize. I missed the first link when "double checking" :) But I am still not convinced it was malicious, but better safe than sorry. Therefore, unless a maker discontinued or does not provide documentation, I recommend going to the source, in this case ASUS, instead of 3rd party sites, as they likely get their manuals from folks uploading them.

The link I provided is directly from ASUS, and now, after triple checking, is definitely safe.

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
Strange...maybe the site got hit after I linked to it. I apologize to you and to rcguyme as I would never have linked ot it if this had shown up on my side.
The link to Asus will get to the manual if followed exactly.

Digerati

Digerati

Grumpy Ol' MSgt (Ret.)

• Retired Staff
  • 3,999 posts
  • MVP

I apologize to you

No need to apologize to me, but thanks anyway.

maybe the site got hit after I linked to it

Maybe, but sometimes redirects are legitimate, but just look suspicious. Still it seems odd I no longer get the warning.

Advertisements

123Runner

123Runner

Member 4k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,527 posts
To all...

To confirm for all and what was already stated we would never send an OP to a site that is malicious.
With that said, I have just tested all site links and Symantec allowed all 3 with no issues.

rcguyme

rcguyme

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts
No need to apologize thanks for all the help here

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
Were you able to download the manual or at least take a look at it?
You can also print it out for future referencing if needed.

rcguyme

rcguyme

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts
yes i did thank you very much if anyone else needs one please use that site with caution i have no idea what happend i went back after reading your post and it work fine my antivirus AvG 9.0 lets me know fast if there is a problem again thanks

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
Congratulations. :) for a successful resolution for your issue.

You are very welcome. I'm glad we could help and please let us know how everything works out for you.
If there is anything else we can do to help please feel free to ask. I appreciate that you allowed us all to assist you with your issue and for your patience.
Thank you for choosing GeeksToGo for help. :) :)