Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

USB Root Hub (Code 37)

• Please log in to reply

btfergus

btfergus

• Pip
  • 1 posts
I recently went on vacation over the holidays. I was gone about two weeks. While I was gone I turned off and unplugged my laptop computer. When I got back I booted it up to find that none of my usb ports are working. When I go to device manager it lists 7 Intel USB Universal Host Controllers and below 7 USB Root Hubs. Next to all of the root hubs are a yellow exclamation mark. When I click on the properties I get this for each of them:

Windows cannot load the device driver for this hardware. The driver may be corrupted or missing. (Code 39)

I have tried uninstalling all of them and restarting my computer to let it reinstall the drivers automatically. Each time I've tried though it has come back to the same spot I am at now.

I would really appreciate any help, thank you in advance.

-Bryan

Advertisements