Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Roxio Creator 2009 Ulitmate does not respond

• Please log in to reply

LoneWolf1038

LoneWolf1038

• Pip
  • 1 posts
I have had this program on my computer almost since it first came out. It worked fine until the other day. I had already burned 2 different DVD's with no problems, but on the 3rd one, it "encountered an error" and had to close. After that, it would not open again. If I clicked on the shortcut, it would show the splash screen where it shows it loading all the components...and attempt to go to the main screen, but as far as it ever got was an outline of the main screen...and the whole machine froze up. When I went into task manager to see if it was "running" or "not responding" on the applications tab, it showed it TWICE...and BOTH were "not responding". If I clicked on either one of them and told it to end process, it would end the process and both listings in task manager disappeared to. :)

I uninstalled it...used a clean install after using Windows Install Clean Up Utility and manually going through the register to rid it of any lingering files for Roxio or Sonic. The install went fine...and even let me register (again!). However, I had the same problem with the outline of the main page and the double entry in the applications tab of task manager. It's almost like it's trying to load it twice at the same time or something....beats me! I DID notice one thing, which may be "normal" and I just never paid attention to it before. When I was running setup...it would be running the msiexec.exe in the process tab (which I guess is Microsoft Installer) but I noticed that it was running it twice....one using the "USER" as System and one using my "USERNAME". They kept switching back and forth between the two processes. Don't know if that's normal or not...but it seemed kinda weird to ME.

Anyway...can someone help me figure this one out please??? Thanks in advance for any and all help you can give me.

Advertisements

Robin Hood

Robin Hood

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 268 posts
Hey LoneWolf1038. :)

I would recommend doing another uninstall and reinstall:

Firstly, download Revo Uninstaller. Not only will Revo run the program's own uninstaller; it will then search for ALL remaining files, folders and registry entries. This will ensure you completely remove it from your system.

Next:

1. Double click on the Installer
2. Accept the License Agreement
3. Follow the prompts
4. Reboot once it has completed

Now:

1. Go to Start
2. Click All Programs
3. Select Revo Uninstaller
4. Once it has finished loading select Roxio Creator and any other related programs
5. Click Uninstall
6. Once the uninstallation has been completed, reboot your computer

Finally:

1. Install Roxio Creator from your disk/source

2. Then go here to download and install the latest software updates:

http://www.roxio.com...ck=m_sup_update

Hopefully that works. If it doesn't, that's ok. We will at least know you have a clean install.

Let me know how it goes. :)