Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

image keeps pasting in word

• Please log in to reply

cameraqueen

cameraqueen

• PipPip
  • 17 posts
I did a print screen image, pasted it and now i have cleared the clipboard but the same image comes up every time I compose email, new or re or fwd. It posts in word when I open a new document. I dont know what else to try.
thanks

Advertisements

mgr_classmates

mgr_classmates

• PipPip
  • 51 posts
It will stay there until you clear your clipboard.

Have you tried restarting your PC?

Other considerations:
1. have you copied the image manually or using some code? vba code can lock the clipboard.

2. Are you using remote desktop (to or from a PC) then normally the clipboard goes bit mad sometimes. (solution is restart or closing all the open remotes connections)

Let me know if it is helpful.

123Runner

123Runner

Member 4k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,527 posts
How to clear the clipboard

Start > Run

Type "clipbrd" without quotes, and hit enter

Just start deleting your clipboard items with the big X on the toolbar.

cameraqueen

cameraqueen

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts
so far no luck it still comes up.

mgr_classmates

mgr_classmates

• PipPip
  • 51 posts

so far no luck it still comes up.

what version of office are you using? please state if you are using different versions of the outlook and word etc.

mgr_classmates

mgr_classmates

• PipPip
  • 51 posts
okay cameraqueen, now lets see if this trick works. even if it does not work, it will not do any harm because the files you will delete will be recreated as it says here http://office.micros...1210281033.aspx

you basically need to locate this directory which is normally C:\Documents and Settings\USER-NAME\Application Data\Microsoft\Templates . (Note replace USER-NAME with your logon-name on your PC)

and delete all the files which have name Normal in the start in this Directory
(i.e. Normal.dot, Normal.dotm, etc etc)

then restart your PC and please report if it work.

cameraqueen

cameraqueen

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts
Ok thanks everyone. it was office 2003 on vista. the changing the normal.dot template did it. I did have trouble finding it. I ended up doing a search then opened it and changed and deleted what was there and saved the new one. Or at least that is what i think i did. thanks again.