Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Uninstalling Norton Internet Security 2002

• Please log in to reply

sjclar00

sjclar00

• PipPip
  • 11 posts
Hey everyone.

After years of Norton use I think I'm ready to move on... besides my subscription has expired. I'm switching to AVG and a firewall yet to be determined. I've looked around on this board and the web and from the looks of it uninstalling Norton products can be the kiss of death for many systems.

Besides the usual prep work of backing up data and setting a system restore point, what can I do to make the uninstall process as smooth as possible? I'm using the 2002 versions of the software.

Thanks,
Sean

Advertisements

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
Go with their removal instructions, RNAV looks a good option

http://service1.syma...src=bar_sch_nam

stallionsims

stallionsims

• PipPip
  • 77 posts
hi,
I suppose rnav2003.exe is a tool to remove nav versions of 2k,2k1,2k2,2k3.
if you want to remove nis 2002,the program to download and run is rnis.upg which can be downloaded at
ftp://ftp.symantec.com/misc/consumer/RnisUPG.exe
this should remove nis versions of 2003 or earlier.
try it!
regarding the firewall,you can use zonealarm from zonelabs.free and a good one too!

Edited by stallionsims, 18 May 2005 - 10:06 PM.