Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

looking for drivers

• Please log in to reply

CollinsLL2

CollinsLL2

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 49 posts
ok that didnt work either. i went to audio and it was already enabled. and that was all i could do was enable it or disable it. so since it was already enabled i hit F9 to reset defaults and that didnt work either. any other ideas?? is my sound card maybe just shot and i need a new one???

Advertisements

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
I would say yes since you had a ad on sound card that was in the system.
Why didn't the person put the card back in?

CollinsLL2

CollinsLL2

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 49 posts
im not sure y he didnt. wen i bought the computer it wouldnt even start up, so thats proly got something to do with it.

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
I believe the problem is a faulty onboard audio chipset. That being the case you need to purchase a new add on audio card. If you would like I can link to some for you. How many speakers do you have and do you play music or games alot? This will make some difference on the type of card I would suggest for you. There are two online companies that we suggest and trust a lot. Most of us have had dealings with them and highly recommend them.
If you choose to buy locally then I can at least give you suggestions online what to look for.
Let me know as I am happy to assist you with this.

Edited by rshaffer61, 11 January 2010 - 08:54 AM.