Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Installing Floppy Drive

• Please log in to reply

Webslinger64

Webslinger64

• PipPipPip
  • 567 posts
Hey folks,

I installed a floppy drive onto my computer. Seems to be a pretty straight forward job right? Well, after installing the drive, I find the drive will not recognize when I have inserted a floppy disc into it.
The floppy drive is brand new. Installing the drive into the computer was no problem. An IDE came with the new drive when I purchased it. Connected the IDE cable to the mobo and then connected the 4-pin mini-molex for power.
Turned on the computer and the floppy drive LED light is on. Inserted floppy disc, but when I went to the A: drive in My Computer and clicked on it, a small window pops up asking me to insert a floppy disc, but the disk is already in there.

Thoughts, suggestions, something I obviously overlooked?

Thanks,

Greg

Advertisements

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts

Turned on the computer and the floppy drive LED light is on

does light stay on?
If so then the ribbon is backwards.

Webslinger64

Webslinger64

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 567 posts

Turned on the computer and the floppy drive LED light is on

does light stay on?
If so then the ribbon is backwards.

The light was staying on. I flipped the ribbon around and it now works fine. Thanks for the help. :)

Edited by konakula29er, 08 January 2010 - 03:50 PM.

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
Congratulations. :) for a successful resolution for your issue.

You are very welcome. I'm glad we could help and please let us know how everything works out for you.
If there is anything else we can do to help please feel free to ask. I appreciate that you allowed me to assist you with your issue and for your patience.
Thank you for choosing GeeksToGo for help. :) :)
This issue now appears to be resolved.