Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

BSOD eee pc s101 XP

• Please log in to reply

wakaba

wakaba

• Pip
  • 1 posts
my laptop has stopped working.

i've got an Eee PC S101 running XP and i can't get it to boot. when i choose "disable automatic restart" from the black screen, i get the blue screen saying "multiple IRP complete requests" plus:

check to make sure any new hardware or software is properly installed [there was not new soft/hardware, and i can't check]. if this is a new installation, [it's not]... Disable BIOS memory options such as caching or shadowing [how? i don't see memory anywhere in BIOS screens]. if you need to use safe mode to remove or disable components, restart, press F8 to select Adv. Startup options, and then select safe mode.

stop: 0x00000044 (0x865C7E70, 0x000000D64, 0x00000000, 0x00000000)

i just want to wipe this and reinstall XP, but i can't get it to recognize or boot from the CD. i tried all 3 USB ports. what do i do?

newbie in way over my head.

Advertisements

paul8

paul8

• Pip
  • 5 posts
I'm assumeing you have external cd-rom, you have to go into your bios setting and in the boot settings tell it boot to "usb drive first"