Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Problem with accessing my hard drive with Windows &

• Please log in to reply

faded1

faded1

• Pip
  • 2 posts
I added a second IDE hard drive and now seem to be a little lost. Since I upgraded to Windows 7 I can see it is there but can't seem to open anything. When I try and open any of the music files it says:

]Windows Media Player cannot access the file. The file might be in use, you might not have access to the computer where the file is stored, or your proxy settings might not be correct.

...and I can't find any more info on this. Please help!

Advertisements

BlackOxide

BlackOxide

Trusted Helper

• Malware Removal
  • 1,976 posts
Hi Faded1, I've had a dig on Google, apparently this one has worked for quite a few people...

I HAVE THE ANSWER. after searching a while I found a fix that acutally worked
You go to : Control Panel>Hardware and Sound>Sound and then something should pop up saying certain enhancements are interfering with something Terminate the program? Click yes and your problem should be solved

I know it's not precise instructions, but see how you get on with it. :)

faded1

faded1

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
Gave that a try and no joy...Thanks for that anyway.