Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

My New Uberly Raging Cajun Gaming Machine !

• Please log in to reply

PCAndres

PCAndres

• Pip
  • 3 posts
hello Geeks to go :) I am Andrew, here is my intro, conversation, ramble :).

My Ragin Cajun :) :) Dark Side AMD specs :) :) !!!

I recommend This build, or any of the parts all are heavily researched, and vetted by tons of people, and organizations. Windows 7 and this computer seems like they were specially made for each other. I love it I can't believe I hit a grand slam on this one! I very timid of trying AMD specially with all the propaganda about them. anyways here it is.

Windows 7
-AMD Phenom II X4 955 3.2 Black Edition
-ASUS M4A79XTF EVO(Love the Turbo Booster!)
-4 Gigabyte of Ripjaw 1600 DDR3 (soon to be 8 gigs)
-(Nvidia)XFX 9600 GSO
-Audigy Sounds Blaster
-750gig WD Black Caviar Sata 2 Primary ( 2 partitions )
-3, 250 Gig WD Sata
-750 Antec Earthwatts 80 plus certified
-PCI 5 USB Plug in

I have always enjoyed reading new builds, to see what the current trends and new technology as I am a PC building enthusiast. I have recently did a rebuild my self I finally felt the time was right after 3+ years. I use to have a Windows Xp64, Core 2 Dou; Asus P5nsli; 4 gig PC 667; Nvidia 7950Gt; 750 Roswell PSU; Three 250 gig Western Digital Satas 2 Drives. The system was amazing top of the line at the time. Spent 1200$+ on it. I was able to run any game out on Ultra High maxed out settings on everything. My psu went out after a year replaced it, Video card started stuttering 3 months before building a new machine so i snagged a great deal on a xfx9600gso for 65 dollars cant beat that, it works for now with everything on high I will be getting a new one once time goes by and new technology comes out making the video cards on the market now really cheap.

Here is my new build, and yes I went to the dark side AMD!! I have been blown away with this new build, and for dirt cheap 420$. The quad core 955 AMD is just simplify mind blowing fast and cheap! If I went to the i7 that would cost me the amount for my CPU, motherboard and ram! Every thing I compute on my PC is instant, surfing folders, even the internet I have never surfed the internet and click on links and instantly show the next page really utilized my bandwidth of my isp. Games are so beautiful on my direct x 10 and ultra high settings. AMD has amazed me I have always been a Intel person swore on them up and down, but now after experiencing a perfect AMD build for how cheap there motherboards were, and upgradeable of the am3 socket they won me far and square. This machine rocks all I can say :lol: ;)

p.s. when I cant run games on ultra high with the 9600gso I will be buying a new one with this motherboard I can have 4 graphic cards crazy!! but that will never happen :) I am wondering what card I should get or better yet Nvidea or ATI. Only ATI's I have bought I have put in the gaming machines I have sold, tested strong. Any one out there recommend or point me which way I should start researching?

Advertisements