slow computer on start up
Posted 09 January 2010 - 02:31 PM
Posted 09 January 2010 - 03:31 PM
Anyway, lets run Autoruns, which will give us a list of items that are starting up with Windows, which may be causing the PC to run slowly.
Download Autoruns from here
- Extract the contents of Autoruns.zip (by right clicking)
- Double click autoruns.exe from the extracted folder
- Click Options at the top, then click Hide Microsoft and Windows Entries
- Click File > Refresh
- Click File > Save and save the file as AutoRuns.txt
- Attach the AutoRuns.txt to your next reply
Posted 09 January 2010 - 04:29 PM
What's best for you now, is if you create a new Topic in the Virus, Spyware and Trojan Removal section, where a trained Malware Helper will get the infections fully removed for you and make sure your PC is clean. Can you also please provide them a link to this topic so they will know the background to the problem.
When they have cleared all the infections from the PC, if you are still having issues with the PC running slowly, come back to this topic and I'll gladly carry on from there
Edited by Essexboy, 09 January 2010 - 04:52 PM.
Posted 09 January 2010 - 05:29 PM
0 user(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users