Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Gaming issue with Win7

• Please log in to reply

GodhandX

GodhandX

• Pip
  • 3 posts
Hi :>

Ok I amm having some troubleshooting with my Windows 7 Ultimate when it comes to playing online games. When I got the OS it said I have a "Standard VGA Graphics Adapter" and I have the newest version of DirectX 11. For some reason every time I open any game either 2D or 3D it does not work. I have a Dell inspiron 600m notebook. Can anyone help please?

Advertisements

Neil Jones

Neil Jones

Member 5k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,476 posts
Missing graphics drivers, it shouldn't be a "Standard VGA Graphics Adaptor" at all.
Dell does not offer a driver for your laptop graphics (ATI Radeon Mobility 9000 series) for Windows 7.
However some users have had success in using this: http://support.amd.c...prer300-xp.aspx but no guarantees. The laptop is six years old at least.

GodhandX

GodhandX

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
Thank you very much. I will try it and see if it works. I will get back to you after i try it =]

GodhandX

GodhandX

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
it didnt work =/ anyone else has an idea?