Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

crashing after installing antivirus software

• Please log in to reply

2winb

2winb

• Pip
  • 6 posts
I looked at the free antivirus and antispyware thread and downloaded some that I did not have to better protect myself. But now I am crashing fairly frequently. This usually happens when I am playing Second Life, but can also happen when using two programs such as Skype and Firefox at the same time. I have on my computer COMODO Internet Security, SUPERantispyware, Spyware Blaster, and Avast Antivirus. I like these programs as I have had few errors and they have removed alot of problems I was having such as the google redirect virus. My main question is

Which programs should I leave running and which can I turn off?

But I would also like to know if I should turn off my windows firewall if I have COMODO firewall running.

thanks for any help, and I will provide any computer specs asked for.

Advertisements

Broni

Broni

Kraków my love :)

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,300 posts
If you have a whole Comodo Internet Security installed, it includes AV and a firewall.
If that's the case, you must uninstall Avast and turn Windows firewall off.

2winb

2winb

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
thank you so much, that avast was taking up alot of memory so I'm glad I don't need it.

Broni

Broni

Kraków my love :)

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,300 posts
You're welcome :)