Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Blues Screen then a restart...

• Please log in to reply

Virick214

Virick214

• PipPip
  • 62 posts
I am using Windows XP Pro SP2 and whenever I try to open an internet explorer on my other computer I get a blue screen and then it restarts (fast enough so I can't even read the first line of the Blue Screen). I have tried using the pause button but it won't pause.

Can anyone give me a solution to this problem?

-Jakob

Advertisements

Hemal

Hemal

Founding Fart

• Technician
  • 1,470 posts
Please Click here!, and follow the recommendations in the guide.

If you're still having trouble, We'll need you to use a free diagnostic tool, Hijack This. Follow the instructions in step five of this guide, and post your log as a new topic in the Hijack This forum. It will get a better response there from the people most qualified to analyze logs.

Most of what Hijack This lists lists will be harmless or even essential, DO NOT delete or modify anything yet! Someone will be along to tell you what steps to take after you post the contents of the scan results.

Virick214

Virick214

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 62 posts
It sounds like that is all virus and spy ware removal stuff...

I just re-did my PC from scratch, i deleted the partition on my hard drive and installed all the software i needed. I'm pretty sure it isn't those things but ill try anyway.

Virick214

Virick214

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 62 posts
I noticed that some of the stuff i ahve to do there requires me to have internet access on the PC but whenever i try to go online on the PC that is having problems i get a blue screen and then my computer restarts.

Virick214

Virick214

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 62 posts
ok...

These are the programs i ran:
WinSockXPFix
CleanUp
Ad-ware SE

After i went through those three i decided to see if i could run internet explorer but now my computer won't even recognize that i am connected to the internet. But i don't have the blue screen anymore...

Does anyone know how i can fix this?

austin_o

austin_o

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 2,089 posts
If you worked though the malware guide like soxrox suggested and still have trouble, post a hijack this log in the malware forum at
http://www.geekstogo...o_Here-f37.html

Virick214

Virick214

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 62 posts
I don't think that is possible because i cant access the internet on that computer so i can post it in that forum.

gerryf

gerryf

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 11,365 posts
start > run
eventvwr.msc
<enter>

Look under systems and applications for items with red Xs...list them here.

Virick214

Virick214

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 62 posts
Application:
Application Error
Application Hang
Apache Service
ESENT

System:
System Error
Net BT

Those each happened multiple times, except for ESENT & Net BT. Let me know if you want Category and Event numbers or anything else.

-Jakob