Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

driver

• Please log in to reply

Nauni

Nauni

• PipPip
  • 27 posts
Hello sherrid

Make a folder on your desktop, name it audio driver. Extract the driver file to that folder on your desktop. when extraction is complete go into the folder and find install.exe file and click it.

It appears from what you are saying that you do not have a program that will unzip zipped files. You could get winrar or winzip and install one to unzip files, you also have a built in that you can use by right clicking on the file and choosing extract to (whatever location you choose).

Thank you
Nauni

Advertisements

sherrid

sherrid

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
if i already extracted the file...can i still move it to the desktop folder? after i extracted the file, i now have 20 more... which file is the driver? i dont see an exe file....
im sorry... i know im difficult

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
It's probably not a installable type file.
If you have them all in one folder then go to Device Manger
Expand the entry for the Soundcard
Right click on the driver already there and tell it to Update Driver
When it asks where to look point it toward the folder with all the files in it.

Edited by rshaffer61, 11 January 2010 - 11:37 AM.

Nauni

Nauni

• PipPip
  • 27 posts
hello sherrid

You are not being difficult :) you have been more than helpful and patient. Lets start with cleaning up your desktop and getting things the way they should be, Ok? Do you know what files it put on your desktop? if so select them all and move them into the folder you made on the desktop for that driver. Then go to the driver zip file and extract it again to that folder. We will continue from that, inside the folder will be a folder called AD1980, you will open that folder, inside that folder there is a setup.exe that you will double click to run the install.

Let me know if need more details.

Thank you
Nauni

Edited by Nauni, 11 January 2010 - 11:16 AM.

Nauni

Nauni

• PipPip
  • 27 posts
sherrid

below is a image containing the files that probably unzipped to your desktop. Thought I would put this up for you to be able to find them.

driverfiles.PNG

Thanks
Nauni

sherrid

sherrid

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
:) :) WHOOHOOOOOO!!!!!! I HAVE SOUND!!!! I am dancing all over the house!!
You guys are the best!! Thank you so so very much! ... for your patience and help! YIPEEEEE!!!!!!
:)

Nauni

Nauni

• PipPip
  • 27 posts
Hey Sherrid :) :)

That is awesome to hear, everyone, exspecially you sherrid has been great.

Thank you
Nauni

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
Great to hear and thanks for letting us know. :)