Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Google Chrome and Flash?

• Please log in to reply

magary

magary

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Hello and thank you in advance for reading my message. I recently installed Google Chrome and am having issues with FlashPlayer. I can get YouTube videos to run fine but other videos, such as on Facebook, gives me the message "Flash Player upgrade required
You must download and install the latest version of the Adobe Flash Player to view this content."

I googled how to install Flash for Chrome but the instructions I found told me to put the DLed files into a particular folder and I could not find the folder... AND they also posted a test video to see if Flash worked after moving the files and the video ran fine for me even before DLing anything.

How can I fix this issue? TY

Advertisements

phillipcorcoran

phillipcorcoran

Member 1K

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,293 posts
The path to the folder you cannot find applies only to Windows XP.
The path to that folder in Windows Vista is different.
C:\Users\[Your User Account Name\AppData\Google/Chrome/Application/Plugins/

Additionally, the 'Application' Data folder (XP) or 'AppData' folder (Vista) is hidden.

In order to see it you need to change a setting in the 'View' options. This applies to both XP and Vista:

1. Open Control Panel and change it to 'Classic View'.
2. Click 'Folder Options'
3. Click the 'View' tab.
4. Under "Hidden Files and Folders", click "Show hidden files and folders"
5. Click [OK]