Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Sony MPEG RealTime encoder board isn't compatible with Vista

• Please log in to reply

dkremodeling

dkremodeling

• Pip
  • 2 posts
I am trying to install a Sony MPEG RealTime encoder board on my Gateway GT5408 Vista Home Premium. When I try to install the driver it says, "Your version of Sony MPEG RealTime encoder board isn't compatible with this version of Windows" It also says, "Sony Corporation may have upgrades or other possible solutions to help make this device compatible with this version of Windows". So I am wondering if there is a program I can download to make this driver compatible with vista home premium. What do I have to do so the Sony MPEG RealTime encoder board is compatible with vista?

Advertisements

phillipcorcoran

phillipcorcoran

Member 1K

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,293 posts
The compatibility of your Sony encoder card is determined by the driver supplied with it - in your case the supplied driver (a piece of software) was written for Windows XP or earlier, not for Windows Vista.
You therefore need to get a driver for it that is compatible with Windows Vista.
This, if it exists, will be a free download from Sony's consumer website (United Kingdom)

I'm assuming you are in the UK as your profile gives no details. If you are in a different country you will have to change the website accordingly by clicking the 'United Kingdom' text top-right of page. This is not purely for language reasons. Sony has different products and model numbers in different countries.

Please be aware that for some very old, discontinued products, manufacturers often do not release new drivers to support a newer version of Windows. In such cases the only alternative is to buy new hardware.

Sony United Kingdom
http://support.sony-...?site=odw_en_GB

I would imagine the easiest way to proceed is to type the model number of the card into the space they provide on the page and click the arrow-head.

If you are in the USA, you need a completely different web address:
http://esupport.sony...y.com/index.php

Edited by phillipcorcoran, 11 January 2010 - 09:22 AM.