I need help and/or advice from people far superior on computers than myself.
I, like many others, have a network connection but when trying to connect to the internet through IE, my computer informs me that:-
1. My last browsing session closed unexpectedly and asks would I like to restore my last session or go to home page...it even gives me some buttons to press for me to make my choice (since I come from the land of the hard of thinking). I press one of the buttons and it has a little chuckle at my incompetence and gives me this little pearl of wisdom.
2. To help protect my computer, Windows has closed the program...at which point I swear the computer is giggling when it presents me with this dialogue box...it again gives me two options
a) Change Settings
b) Close Message...and again it gives me some buttons to press for me to make my choice, as the computer now recognises that I should not be allowed to use a crayon without special supervision.
3. I press close message and it kicks into the pit of eternal damnation while telling me Internet Explorer has encountered a problem and doesn't want to speak to me anymore. and invites me to send an error report half way across the world so Bill can get his computer to print it out and throw it in the waste paper basket while counting his billions of dollars.
If I Change Settings it sends me to Data Execution Prevention application in Control Panel > Performance and Maintenance > System > Advanced > Settings > Data Execution Prevention. Here I have tried both the options of
Turn on DEP for essential Windows progs etc.
Turn on DEP for all programs and services except those I select.
I have selected Internet Explorer but to no avail
This all started or was conincidental with the loading of Spyware Doctor.
Does anyone know:-
1. If this a result of installing Spyware Doctor
1.a) If so can I resolve it and how do I do it?
1.b) Should I remove Spyware Doctor?
2. If it is not a result of Spyware Doctor
2.a) Can I resolve it and how do I do it?
I'm not insane but as you can see I am well on the way
Andy P (Aged 45y 6mths)