Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

first street "GO computer"

• Please log in to reply

jmmb

jmmb

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Can anyone tell me wether the GO computer is a good computer and worth purchasing for a senior?

Advertisements

phillipcorcoran

phillipcorcoran

Member 1K

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,293 posts
I would not pay a monthly fee on top of having already paid for the computer (which itself could not be described as being a good price for what it is).

I can see this being attractive may be to those who are terrified of computers going wrong and don't mind paying over the odds for the "hand holding" service, but not otherwise.

And what if you regret the purchase? Are you going to be able to sell it on when a monthly fee is involved for the buyer? (The Go PC won't work if you don't pay for the service).

Companies like that are cashing in on the technophobia of many older people.

There are much better computers for less money in the mass-market PC sector (and no monthly fee to pay).

Edited by phillipcorcoran, 11 January 2010 - 09:55 AM.