Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

ATHGINA.DLL

• Please log in to reply

techiedoc

techiedoc

• Pip
  • 3 posts
while trying to change the way users log on or off.I got the following message:"A recently installed program has disabled the Welcome Screen and Fast User Switching. To restore these features, you must unistall the program. The following file name might help you find the identify the program that made the changes: ATHGINA.DLL". A previously posted fix suggested deleting this key in the registry:
HKLM\Software\Microsoft\WindowsNT\CurrentVersion\Winlogon\GinaDLL
however, that key is not in my registry! Any suggestions? I don't want to uninstall the program by Atheros, because that configures it's wireless LAN card.

Advertisements

phillipcorcoran

phillipcorcoran

Member 1K

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,293 posts
The following web-page from Toshiba may be the answer to your problem as it refers also to Atheros software with exactly the same error-message and what to do about it. As such it is relevant to any make of PC:

Hope it works for you.

http://support.toshi.../-TSB001137.htm

Edited by phillipcorcoran, 11 January 2010 - 08:26 AM.

techiedoc

techiedoc

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
thanks! I'm sure that will work.