Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

What the BLEEP

• Please log in to reply

SpareParts2

SpareParts2

• Pip
  • 2 posts
Recently I booted my computer and the monitor would not display. I cleaned the entire unit. I hooked the PC to a different monitor, and still nothing. I replaced the video card and still nothing. I replaced the CMOS battery and still nothing. The light on the motherboard is green, I am sure that all the cables and components works correctly. I am unable to use the monitor, keyboard, mouse, and speakers connected to the monitor. What could be the problem? Is there a simple or any solution that does not involve buying a new computer?

Advertisements

phillipcorcoran

phillipcorcoran

Member 1K

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,293 posts
Faulty PSU inside the system case?

SpareParts2

SpareParts2

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
Are there any other signs this may be a faulty PSU?

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
Lack of power will result in motherboard not powering up completely.
The only sure way of testing this is to try a different PSU.
It also could be a faulty cpu.