Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Audio Issues

• Please log in to reply

zelmos

zelmos

• Pip
  • 6 posts
I have a ASUS Maximus iii GENE motherboard. Here's my issue. I contacted ASUS, have yet to hear back from them. since i have had many issues resolved on this forum maybe i'll have better luck here.

I know the board has a Sound Blaster X Fi MB. I went to the ASUS support site and downloaded the R19 driver. They also have another driver called Via Audio Driver(No idea what that's used for). I installed the R19 Driver and rebooted and tried to use the program. Everytime I want to load the console this error message pops up:

"The current selected audio device is not supported by the application. Do you want to select another audio device now?"

I Select Yes and I get this:

My choices are only High Definition Audio Device. I click Ok and the above message appears.

No idea what's wrong. Also my Front Panel Audio doesn't work either. it works on and off.

Edit:

I installed VIA and the Creative Console still doesn't work. Also with VIA the front panel audios glitchy. I selected the option to mute speakers when headphones are plugged in, it doesn't work. if im not correct for front panel plugs, Green=Headphone and Pink=Mic. VIa got it all mixed up. Pink is for headphones while green is for microphones. in via i get to choose which the green and pink plug will connect with, as of right now green is chosen for front mic but it emits sounds when i plug in my headphones. its the same vice-versa using pink for front mic... don't even know what's wrong. this is by far the worst build i've ever done.

I already contacted the manufacturer about sending a replacement front panel audio/usb.

Advertisements

Neil Jones

Neil Jones

Member 5k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,476 posts
You don't state which operating system you're using. Are you using Vista or 7? XP doesn't flag up Audio Devices in this fashion, at least not with working sound anyway.

According to Asus this board doesn't have any driver that resembles R19. What exactly have you downloaded, can you share a link please?

zelmos

zelmos

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
sorry for being vague. im on windows 7 64 bit.

I can't exactly link it cause the link remains the same.

Here's my motherboard: http://asus.com/prod...l...&templete=2

The two specific downloads I used. Someone told me to get the R19 drivers because it doesn't ask for your Creative Activation Key(Which I lost).

Download Tab > Windows7 64Bit > Utilities > then:

Description: Sound Blaster X-Fi Utility V1.0(R19) for Windows XP 32/64bit & Vista 32/64bit & Windows7 32/64bit.(WHQL)
Sound Blaster X-Fi Utility V1.0(R19) for Windows XP 32/64bit & Vista
32/64bit & Windows7 32/64bit.(WHQL)

Also downloaded this:

Download Tab > Windows 7 64Bit > Audio >

Description: VIA Audio Driver V6.0.1.7500 for 32/64bit Windows XP & Windows Vista & Windows 7.(WHQL)

Edited by zelmos, 11 January 2010 - 07:06 PM.