Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

PXE-E61: Media Test Failure, Check cable Operating system not found

• Please log in to reply

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
EXE

Advertisements

mato43

mato43

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts
hey yo i have been running the program for a while now the wall time: 11:52:00 and i was just wondering wen do u know that the program complete..........so far i have pass:2 and the errors:13067 and so on

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
The prorgam will continue to run pass after pass.
Look at picture the first blue picture in post 8.
3rd reading from the right it shows Pass
How many passes has it done and is it showing any errors?

Edited by rshaffer61, 15 January 2010 - 04:47 PM.

mato43

mato43

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts
i have no idea wat u r talking about cuz every time to program finish running am not in the room and the computer shut down by it self and wen i open it. it's show this: Invalid Command.com Enter correct name of command Interpreter (eg, c:/command.com)

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts

i have pass:2 and the errors:13067 and so on

OK I reread what you posted.
The above indicates bad memory.
2 test ran and you had 13,067 errors. Bad memory. :)

mato43

mato43

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts
ooooh ight so how can i fix that

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
Only way to fix is to replace the memory.
Go to HERE and run the Crucial online scanner.
This will give you the exact memory configuration for your system.
You do not have to buy the memory from there, but write down the information and if you need assistance in purchasing the upgrade memory GTG can assist with suggestions also.

MartinMna

MartinMna

• Pip
  • 1 posts

hello everyone i got a Gateway laptop model MX6421 it has not been turn on for a while and yesterday afternoon i turn it on it was loading up a Microsoft window 98. At first it use to load up window xp i had some work done on it not so sure of what the guy did on it. and i try to upload an Operating system disc for window xp it give me the option to type 'R' for recovery on it did it says "Starting Recovery" and the screen goes dark. so i was playing with it and i finally hit the f12 button and this message came up PXE-E61:Media Text failure,check cable & PXE- MOF: Exiting PXE ROM. finally it says Operating System not found.

help plz help not trying to spend no money on this laptop cuz of this economies so Help.

Thanks

I got the same problem, but the test that you've recommended is not showing any errors. When I try to clean install win7 the HDD partitions are not found. What should I do??

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
The PXE error indicates that the system is trying to boot to a network. Check your bios boot sequence and make sure the boot sequence is set for the following.
  • Cdrom
  • Hard drive

Make sure there is no network or PXE boot in the sequence at all.